Audi Q8 2018
|Colour||Various - please enquire|
|Engine Type||Hybrid - Diesel|
With the options of a mild hybrid technology (MHEV) 3.0 TDI option (called the Q8 50 TDI), a smaller Q8 3.0 TDI (called the Q8 45 TDI ) or a petrol derived 3.0 TFSI engine (called the Q8 55 TFSI) Audi has delivered the next generation design for its Q model range.
Audi provides the Q8 assistance systems into a total of four packages. The highlight in the Tour Assist Package is adaptive cruise assist which supports the driver with accelerating, braking, maintaining speed, keeping a distance from other vehicles and in traffic jam situations.
The Audi Q8 automatically adapts its speed to the traffic situation, taking into account the speed limit.
The Efficiency Assist is another module of the Tour Package. It automatically adjusts to the current speed limit, reduces the speed before corners, during turning and on roundabouts.
Emergency Assist is a safety system in this Q8 package. It detects within system limits whether the driver is inactive and accordingly provides a visual and acoustic warning. If this does not prompt a reaction, the system takes control of the Audi Q8 and automatically stops it in its own lane.
Five systems provide safety in city-based traffic for the driver and its occupants;
- Crossing Assist detects critical traffic crossing in front of the car, Audi pre sense 360° warns against vehicles approaching from the side, and rear cross traffic assist registers approaching vehicles during slow reversing, for example when coming out of a perpendicular parking space.
- There is also an Exit warning and lane change alert for the driver.
- The systems in the Park plus assist package support the driver during manoeuvering the Audi Q8. Manoeuvring assist counteracts imminent collisions with small steering impulses and independent braking to a standstill.
- Kerb warning protects against damaging the rims during parking; several images from the surround cameras allow precise manoeuvring down to a centimetre and provide a view of crossing traffic and a detailed view of the wheels.
- The 3D view with freely selectable perspective is the highlight. The package also includes the (remote) parking pilot, which independently steers the SUV into and out of a parking space while monitored by the driver. The driver can get out of the car beforehand and trigger the process using the myAudi app on their smartphone.